Criteria for Judging Applications
Please read the following important information. Applications will be judged against the following criteria:
1. The thesis must have been completed for the thesis requirement and involve work in a discipline.
2. The student must apply online and have a statement of support from a Penn State faculty member.
3. Provide a 250 word (maximum) statement which demonstrates your use of library and information resources related to your thesis. Your statement should describe your literature review process, what lessons were learned about information and the information gathering, as well as insights about the information sources used; observations about secondary and background research related to your thesis, and any legal or ethical issues related to the information gathering process.
4. The thesis should show an awareness of current trends in the relevant discipline/disciplines.
5. The students should give appropriate attribution to the primary and secondary sources that were consulted.
6. The student must provide complete citations for works used in the thesis and these references must be in proper citation format.
7. The thesis should show evidence that the student understands the ethical and legal use of information.
For more information, please contact Sandy Confer, 814-863-4387 or email@example.com