Preservation Treatment for Newspapers
Crease and Fold Release Treatment for Newspapers
Supplies and Tools
- Solution of 50% ethyl alcohol (95% proof) and 50% distilled water
- Artist's brush or cotton swab
- Blotting paper cut into wide strips
- Dip the brush or swab into the solution.
- Remove excess solution from the brush or swab.
- Brush the solution along a crease.
- Unfold just far enough to brush along the inner fold.
- Place unfolded crease between two strips of blotting paper.
- Press out remaining solution.
Humidification Chamber for Newspapers
- Plastic storage tub with tight-fitting lid
- Large enough to accommodate an unfolded newspaper without it touching the sides of the tub
- Deep enough to accommodate the paper, the grid, and the reservoirs.