First class gift, portrait of President Pugh, given by first graduating class, '61.
Second Morrill Act (1890) provisions accepted by Legislature for Penn State.
First "stadium," Old Beaver Field, completed; named for James A. Beaver, president of the Board of Trustees, governor and Civil War general; moved to "New Beaver Field" in 1909; moved and became present Beaver Stadium in 1959.
Old Engineering Building dedicated; burned down in 1918.
First student handbook, published by Penn State YMCA. First full-time librarian, Helen Bradley, appointed.
First chaplain, Lawrence M. Colfelt, D.D., appointed.
Seven schools organized within college: agriculture; natural science; engineering; mathematics and physics; mines; languages, literature and history; and political science and philosophy.
Old Main tower and roof rebuilt after fire.
Correspondence courses in agriculture became formal program.
Thespians, men's dramatics club, founded by Professors Fred Lewis Pattee and John Leete.
Blue Band begun; developed from Cadet Bugle Corps.