Geographic and other names
- Allensville 15 min. quadrangle
- Pine Grove Mills 7.5 min. quadrangle
- Huntingdon County
- Jackson Township
- Shaver's Creek
- Shaver Creek
- West Branch Susquehanna River
- Chesapeake Bay [watershed]
- Jin, L., R. Ravella, B. Ketchum, P.J. Heaney, S.L. Brantley (2010) Mineral weathering and elemental transport during hillslope evolution: regolith formation on shale at Shale Hills Critical Zone Observatory. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 74, 3669-3691.
- Lin, H.S., W. Kogelmann, C. Walker and M.A. Bruns (2006) Soil moisture patterns in a forested catchment: A hydropedological perspective Geoderma, Volume 131, Issues 3-4, April 2006, Pages 345-368.
- Lin, H. (2006) Temporal stability of soil moisture spatial pattern and subsurface preferential flow pathways in the Shale Hills Catchment. Vadose Zone Journal v.5, no. 1, p. 317-340.
- Reuter, J.M., Bierman, P.R., Pavich, M.J., Gellis, A.C., Larsen, J and Finkel, R.C. (2004) Erosion of the the Susquehanna River Basin: assessing relations between 10Be-derived erosion rates and basin characteristics (abstract, slides) Geological Society of America, Abstracts with Programs, 37-3.
- Reuter, Joanna M. Erosion rates and patterns inferred from cosmogenic 10Be in the Susquehanna River Basin M.S. thesis, University of Vermont, 2002-2005.
- Reuter, J. M. et al.Long-term sediment-generation rates derived from the 10Be in river sediment in the Susquehanna River Basin
- The State Water Plan: Subbasin 11: Upper Juniata River (1980) Pennsylvania. Division of Comprehensive Resources Programming, The Division. 147 p.
- Merkel, Edward J., Soil survey of Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania
- Duffy, C. J. (1996) A two-state integral-balance model for soil moistrue and groundwater dynamics in complex terrain. Water Resources Research v.32, no.8 p.2421-2434 (1996)
- Flueckinger, L.A. (1967) Geology of the Allensville 15’ Quadrangle, Pennsylvania. Unpub. M.S. Thesis, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa., 69p.
- Flueckinger, L.A. (1969) Geology of a Portion of the Allensville Quadrangle, Centre and Huntingdon Counties, Pennsylvania. Pa. Topo. & Geol. Surv., Progress Rept. #176.
- Jones, Ronald A. (1966) Comparison of streamflow characteristics of the Leading Ridge and Shale Hills experimental watershed units. Masters thesis, The Pennsylvania State University.
- Leavesley, G. H. (1967) Effect of aspect and slope on soil moisture in relation to streamflow on two shale hills watersheds. Masters thesis, The Pennsylvania State University.
- Lynch, James Anthony (1976) Effects of antecedent soil moisture on storm hydrographs. PhD Thesis. The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA.
- Geology of the Stone Valley Recreation Area