Located in the John M. Lilley Library, the Penn State Behrend Archives consists of three distinct collections. The Hammermill Paper Company Collection is comprised of a variety of documents, photographs, and other materials reflecting the history of the company from its origins in 1898. The Behrend Family Collection reveals the history of Ernst Behrend, founder of Hammermill Paper Company, and his wife, Mary Brownell Behrend, who donated the Glenhill Farm estate to Penn State in 1948 to honor her late husband by providing a home for a new college. The Penn State Behrend Collection reveals college history through photographs, college publications, clipping files and scrapbooks.
Hammermill Paper Company Collection
Penn State Behrend Collection
Historical Behrend Beacon
The Behrend Beacon is Penn State Erie, The Behrend College's student newspaper. Issues of The Nittany Cub, Behrend Collegian, Penn State Behrend Collegian and Collegian, former titles of The Behrend Beacon, are now available online!
Library Named in Honor of John M. Lilley, former Provost and Dean
Archives Mission Statement
The John M. Lilley Library archives is available by appointment only. Please contact Jane Ingold, Associate Librarian, at 814-898-7278 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.