Dean of University Libraries and Scholarly Communications and Associate Deans
Purpose and Scope
Provide leadership for assessment, metrics, and data gathering activities across the University Libraries in promoting assessment.
- The Libraries’ administration strongly supports using data to help inform the decision making process, and the Libraries’ faculty embrace assessment activities.
- Resources/Technology needed to support the Council will be prioritized and budgeted for on an annual basis.
- The committee will collaborate with and integrate the assessment that is currently being done by existing committees.
- Identify measures for each goal of the Strategic Plan;
- Compile statistics that are currently maintained and identify/clarify the purpose;
- Create Web page for easy access to assessment information;
- Determine and create standard reports and make available on the intranet;
- Provide an effective means to communicate assessment findings;
- Compile a list of all the assessment activities conducted within the Libraries for the past 3 years;
- Monitor national assessment and metrics trends and activities.
Membership: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of statistical methods, familiarity with quantitative data analysis (i.e., use of SPSS software)
- Skill in utilizing and designing charts and graphs
- Ability to automate data collection tasks (i.e., write scripts)
- Excellent writing skills
- Effective oral communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of library systems and data
- Ability to collaborate with all units of the Libraries
- Have questions about assessment or data collection? Please visit our FAQ page.
Contact us at our global e-mail: ULemail@example.com.