Chair: Nancy Henry
Valerie Lynn, Lori Lysiak and Jane Sutterlin
This task force has been charged with exploring methods for the delivery of nursing instruction online to promote consistent library instruction for nursing students across Penn State campus locations by developing self-instruction modules for remote users, as well as core modules that address the needs of World Campus nursing students and faculty. Modules may also be used by campus librarians for student review prior to in-person classroom instruction sessions.
Steps in the process include:
- The establishment of a Nursing Instruction Module Task Force Wiki.
- Consultation with nursing faculty as appropriate.
- The analysis of core content for inclusion in the modules.
- The exploration and determination of appropriate mediums and structure for the delivery of online content.
- The identification of an Instructional Designer to provide consultative services.
- The creation of a core set of online modules.
- Development of a core product, and determination of a venue for presentation to the broader Penn State Libraries community.
- Extending an invitation to other library colleagues interested in contributing to the development of additional online modules for the nursing community.
- Corresponding with the World Campus Liaison and sponsor Chris Avery, Director of Commonwealth Campus Libraries regarding progress.
- Establishment of a time line is to be determined, but initial discussions targeted one year or less to complete initial modules.