This information pertains to the libraries at University Park. For information on other campus libraries, visit your Campus Library website.
1. What Do I Need?
To get connected to the Penn State Wireless 2.0 service, you'll need:
- A Penn State Access Account.
- A laptop with an 802.11 compatible wireless network card.
- Instructions for Windows | Macintosh | Unix/Linux | Apple iPhone/iPod Touch (pending)
The Penn State Wireless 2.0 service incorporates recent 802.1X wireless authentication and encryption methods that are aimed at enabling an improved level of security and improved performance. You no longer have to download a VPN or relaunch a VPN session when moving from building to building. Just open your laptop and you'll see the psu network.
2. Unplug and Fire Up a Connection!
It's easy to get connected to Penn State Wireless 2.0. All you have to do is:
- Power up your laptop.
- Use the psu wireless network for your tasks.
Visit the ITS Knowledge Base for setup instructions for Wireless 2.0 access on the iPhone