Compiled by Jan F. Scholl, 4-H Curriculum Specialist, Family and Consumer Sciences, Penn State University Updated 11/05
Organized by Date
- Parish, Rena, M., & Buchanan, Fannie, R. (1927). Dreaming, Reminiscent of Liebestraum. Grinell, IA: Home Publishing Company.
- Ballantyne, A. B., & Baker, H. R. (1929). The Arizona Song Book: Boys' and girls' 4-H club work. Tucson, AZ: University of Arizona.
- National 4-H club song book (1929). Boston, MA: C.C. Birchard.
- The little brown song book for Wyoming: For recreation in rural community clubs, homemaker clubs, 4-H clubs, recreation camps. (1932). Laramie, WY: University of Wyoming, Agricultural Extension Service.
- Boyd, George., Edmondson, W. O., Forest, B., Marston, B., & Oller, G. (1934-1940). 4-H publications. Laramie, WY: Agricultural Extension Service. Includes initiation ceremony for Wyoming 4-H Clubs, The Little Brown Song Book by Burton, Marston.
- Baker, H. R. (1935). Arizona 4-H club song book. Tuscon, AZ: University of Arizona.
- National 4-H club song book (1938). Chicago, IL: National Committee on Boys and Girls club work.
- Buchanan, Fannie R., & Winterberg, L. (1949). The music and story of Fannie R. Buchanan's 4-H songs. Chicago, IL: National Committee on Boys and Girls Club Work.
- Waring, Fred., Dolph, Jack, Marine, Joe. (1949). A place in the sun. New York: Decca Records (Sound recording).
- Let's sing (1950). Auburn, AL: Alabama Polytechnic Institute, Extension Service. (Includes Song of Health, Ploughing Song, 4-H Friendship Song, 4-H Field Song, Follow the Gleam).
- Wasmuth, Mary Jane. (1951). West Virginia sings: 4-H club song book. Delaware, OH: Cooperative Recreation Service.
- Iowa State College. (1952). Follow with a song: Rural music program for young people and adults. Ames, IA: Agricultural Extension Service.
- Indiana sings (1954). Indianapolis, IN: State of Indiana. (Includes 4-H Candle and 4-H Trail).
- National 4-H club song book (1954). Chicago, IL: National 4-H Service Committee.
- For Happy Singing: Massachusetts 4-H song book. (1958). Delaware, OH: Cooperative Recreation Service.
- Wisconsin song book (1959). Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin; 4-H Clubs.
- Minnesota sings: 4-H song book. (1960s). St. Paul, MN: Extension Service.
- Wisconsin song book (1966). Madison, WI: State 4-H Club Office.
- Exner, Max. (1968). National 4-H song book. Chicago, IL: National 4-H Service Committee.
- 4-H song-a-rama. (1973). Truro, Nova Scotia: 4-H Division, Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture & Marketing.
- 4-H at the county fair (2003). In Mevissen, J. Nimrod chronicles: Life in Nimrod, Minnesota. St. Cloud, MN: North Start Press of St. Cloud.
Song Books of Unknown Date
- 4-H song book (1900-1984?). New York (?): s.n.
- Tips for 4-H song leaders (1900-1984?). New York (?): S.N.
If you have copies of songs or song books that are not in this collection, kindly donate these to a college or university library collection and ask that it is put on the WorldCatTM database.