General information on the Group Study Rooms in West Pattee:
- 4 to 6 users can connect their laptops to “pucks” (Mediascape). What appears on one’s laptop will then appear on the large screen monitors.
- Macs and iPads require a VGA adapter. These are available at the Knowledge Commons Help Desk. When using a VGA adapter:
- Make sure Mac laptop is awake and the dongle (vga connector) is connected
- Manually turn on display in mediascape room
- Connect dongle to pod connector and wait
- Does the laptop display on the big screen automatically?
- If not, click the pod to turn the light green
- If it still doesn't display, try detecting displays (under apple icon > system preferences > displays > click "detect displays") Once detected you should see 2 boxes, one for your laptop display and one for the external VGA display. Next, set the VGA resolution for the external display to 1920 X 1080 pixels at 60hz