To state the University Libraries' policies and procedures concerning the use of the Training Lab in 1 Paterno.
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Size: The facility is set up to accommodate 8 participants, plus the instructor.
- Hardware: Includes 1 computer with dual monitors, mouse and keyboard at podium and 8 computers, each with a mouse and keyboard.
- Image: The UL Staff image is on each of the 9 machines.
- Software: Includes Libraries provided standard software. Additional nonstandard software applications will need to be loaded (per license agreements) by I-Tech or DLT staff who have administrative privileges well in advance of the day it is needed. Call I Tech at 865-2378 with questions about the loading of additional software.
- Telephone: One 7940 CISCO speaker phone.
- Other Equipment: One white board, one smart board, and one overhead projection system.
- Scheduling: Schedule the facility via the online calendar by inviting the room as a guest. Classroom proposals will be monitored and accepted/rejected by the I-Tech calendar administrator.
- Verify availability of lab and request at least one week in advance any setup needed for a class.
- Schedule extra time on the calendar for practice, setup or after class Q&A time.
- Remove from the calendar any session that has been cancelled or moved. Monitor and observe safety regulations.
- The instructor should enter through the main I-Tech entrance well before the scheduled class start time.
- The instructor will ensure that lab equipment is operated properly and will report equipment failures to I-Tech.
- The instructor will adhere to University Computer and Network Security policies (AD20) and (AD23).
- This facility is used for hands on staff training and presentation/lectures only.
- It is designed exclusively for training and not available to schedule as a meeting room.
- This room is not scheduled for instruction to the University community at large.
Effective Date: August 1, 2005
Revision History (and effective dates):
- August 2010 – Editorial
- August 2007 – Editorial
- August 2005 – Supersedes "Library Faculty/Staff Only Instructional Lab (513 Paterno)"
- December 1998 – Supersedes "Scheduling of Group Instruction Room (Tower Room) and Training Lab"
- November 1991 – New policy (Approved by Libraries Academic Council)
Last Review Date: August 2010