To state the University Libraries' position on acquiring and displaying exterior banners for co-sponsored events.
If it is determined that a banner is desired for a co-sponsored event, the following procedures are applicable:
- Banners will be displayed only for programs co-sponsored with the Libraries.
- The co-sponsoring department is responsible for all costs related to production, installation, and removal of the banner.
- The co-sponsoring department is responsible for consulting with the Libraries' Facilities Department, 814-865-9551, on the installation.
- The banner will conform to University visual and editorial standards, e.g., Penn State mark, etc.
- Recommendations on sign shops and designers can be obtained from the Libraries' Public Relations and Marketing Department, 814-863-4240.
- All banners (e.g., via proof submittal) must be reviewed by the Libraries' Public Relations and Marketing Department before production and installation.
- All banners must be constructed of appropriate material that provide correct airflow and can withstand the elements.
Effective Date: July 29, 2004
Date Approved: July 29, 2004 (Associate Dean)
Revision History (and effective dates):
- November 2, 2009 – Editorial, addition of "exterior" to the purpose since we do not install indoor banners
- August 14, 2007 – Editorial
- July 29, 2004 – New policy
Last Review Date: November 2009