Guideline UL-HRG03 CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT FOR NON-TENURE TRACK FACULTY
Faculty holding positions on multi-year term appointments or fixed-term appointments have the following expectations:
- They may attend all Library faculty meetings held by LFO.
- They may be appointed to ad hoc committees or standing committees of the University Libraries except for Faculty Promotion and Tenure committees, in consultation with heads of their units.
- They are eligible for faculty development but should schedule such events in consultation with heads of their units so that the library is always covered for provision of services.
- Annual evaluations will stress professional practice and service. The Libraries also value continuous efforts to remain current in librarianship through a variety of scholarly activities.
- Typically, multi-year contracts are used for continuing non-tenure track positions. Fixed-term I and II positions are used for short-term appointments, temporary appointments, project-based, time-limited appointments, and part-time appointments.
Effective Date: October 9, 2000
Date Approved: October 9, 2000 (Dean's Library Council)
Revision History (and effective dates):
April 29, 2015 – Approved by LFO Council and Libraries' Administration
October 9, 2000 – New guideline
Last Review Date: April 2015