This tutorial will give you an overview of how a special collections library is different from a general academic library:
1. We collect primary sources;
2. Our materials don't circulate outside of our reading room; and
3. In addition to books, we house collections of varying sizes and formats.
Then, you will learn about what these differences mean for you as a researcher:
1. You may need to search in multiple places;
2. You may want to plan your research ahead of time; and
3. You will probably have to visit us in person.
Finally, the online photo tour will provide a preview of what you will encounter if you do pay us a visit.